GodBlogCon Prayer Blog

The place to come to find out who and what to pray about concerning GodBlogCon.

Heb 13:18

Pray for us, for we are sure that we have a good conscience, desiring to conduct ourselves honorably in all things.

Heb 13:15

Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name.

John 14:13

"And whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Tools

From the Upper Room Devotional
Jesus said, "Ask, and it will be given you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you." - Matthew 7:7 (NRSV)

EVERY night before I go to sleep, I read a passage in the Bible and try to apply its message to my life. One night I found myself reading Numbers 7. But I could find no connection between the passage and the problems I faced trying to meet my many obligations as wife, mother, teacher, friend. I felt inadequate for any of these jobs.

As I turned off the lamp and drifted into sleep, I continued to think of Moses giving oxen and wagons to the Levites. My shoulders and neck ached as I recalled that the Kohathites were given no oxen or wagons; they carried on their shoulders the most holy things.

The next morning, when I woke up, I realized the story could indeed apply to my life. The Kohathites had been given what they needed to do the job the Lord had assigned them -- strong shoulders. Just as God gave the Kohathites what they needed for their task, so God has given me what I need to do the tasks I am called to do. The Kohathites remind me that I have different tools than others because my job is different. And I have the tools I need in order to do the job God has given me.

-Pat Jinkins (Wisconsin, U.S.A.)
We should not limit God in how we pray. We should rely on His wisdom to provide us with exactly the tools we need for the job. Pray for GBC that way today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home