GodBlogCon Prayer Blog

The place to come to find out who and what to pray about concerning GodBlogCon.

Heb 13:18

Pray for us, for we are sure that we have a good conscience, desiring to conduct ourselves honorably in all things.

Heb 13:15

Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name.

John 14:13

"And whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Cry Out!

From a John Piper Sermon:
I close with a word from the Lord that has pricked my prayer conscience as much as any other. In Luke 18:7-8 Jesus says,

Will not God vindicate his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them? I tell you, he will vindicate them speedily.

Do you ever cry out to the Lord, "How long, 0 Lord, how long till you vindicate your cause in the earth? How long 'till you rend the heavens and come down with power on your church? How long till you bring forth victory among all the peoples of the world?"

The answer I have heard when I have called on the Lord in this way comes from Luke 18:7—when his people CRY TO HIM DAY AND NIGHT for the vindication of his cause among the nations.
GBC should be a part of that effort to vindicate -- we need to ask God constantly to make it so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home