Joy In Reliance
- O God, Thou art my God; I shall seek Thee earnestly; My soul thirsts for Thee, my flesh yearns for Thee, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
- Thus I have beheld Thee in the sanctuary, to see Thy power and Thy glory.
- Because Thy lovingkindness is better than life, My lips will praise Thee.
- So I will bless Thee as long as I live; I will lift up my hands in Thy name.
- My soul is satisfied as with marrow and fatness, and my mouth offers praises with joyful lips.
- When I remember Thee on my bed, I meditate on Thee in the night watches,
- For Thou hast been my help, and in the shadow of Thy wings I sing for joy.
- My soul clings to Thee; Thy right hand upholds me.
- But those who seek my life, to destroy it, will go into the depths of the earth.
- They will be delivered over to the power of the sword; they will be a prey for foxes.
- But the king will rejoice in God; everyone who swears by Him will glory, for the mouths of those who speak lies will be stopped.
Read that psalm carefully, it is about utter reliance, and utter joy in that reliance. Bloggers are, naturally, a self reliant bunch. Pray for all of them, and particularly those working on and attending GBC that they would rely on the Lord and not themselves. Pray also that they would find great joy in that reliance.