GodBlogCon Prayer Blog

The place to come to find out who and what to pray about concerning GodBlogCon.

Heb 13:18

Pray for us, for we are sure that we have a good conscience, desiring to conduct ourselves honorably in all things.

Heb 13:15

Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name.

John 14:13

"And whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Family Prayer

Here is the devotional from "The Upper Room" for April 24.

God's Promises

Read Acts 16:25-34

Paul and Silas answered, "Believe on the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."--- Acts 16:31 (NRSV)

ONE of my priorities has been to attend church with my three children, following the command in Proverbs 22:6, "Train children in the right way, and when old, they will not stray." However, now that my children are adolescents, it seems other things take priority over church or God's will for their lives.

Even though they have not given their lives to God, I continue to pray for them with the assurance that my prayers are heard. I am not discouraged because since I accepted Christ as Savior and Lord, I have seen that God has been faithful and true. If we persevere and do not become discouraged, we can realize the fulfillment of God's promises to us.

I hold in my heart the words of Paul and Silas: "Believe on the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household." I don't know how long the journey will take, but I believe that one day my children will come into fellowship with Christ. Then I will declare like Joshua: "As for me and my household, we will serve the LORD" (Josh. 24:15).

Maria de los Angeles Mendez (Veracruz, Mexico)

PRAYER

Father, thank you for your love and faithfulness to us. We believe your promises will be fulfilled in our lives. Amen.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

We wait on God, our hope and our salvation.



Blogging can be hard on families and traveling to a blogging conference even harder. Pray that GBC will not create any familial strain for planners, speakers, or attendees. Pray that blogging will be a blessing to all the households where it happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home