- O God, hasten to deliver me; O LORD, hasten to my help
- Let those be ashamed and humiliated who seek my life; let those be turned back and dishonored who delight in my hurt.
- Let those be turned back because of their shame who say, "Aha, aha!"
- Let all who seek Thee rejoice and be glad in Thee; and let those who love Thy salvation say continually, "Let God be magnified."
- But I am afflicted and needy; hasten to me, O God! Thou art my help and my deliverer; O LORD, do not delay.
There is no messing around in this Psalm. The psalmist just gets down to brass tacks with God. We should pray with such urgency. GBC may be months away, but the needs for it are urgent. The planning and organization are hard work, and haste can be the last thing on the mind when trying to work out logistics for something like this. Rooms for meetings and lodging need to be determined and open. Service staff needs to be arranged...and...and...and.... Pray for such logistics.